Monday, August 11, 2008

China!!!!!!

I have been going to China for the past 8 years... my passport says that I have been there over 30 times, it's an amazing place and I am BLOWN away by its diversity everytime I am there! I have watched the country develop so rapidly over the last decade...... it has been so fast! I was soooo proud for China on Friday night while watching the Olympic Opening Ceremony. it was breathtaking!

In one of the factory towns that I would stay in for monthes, every morning an Olympic Training Team would be up early in the morning practicing parading thru the streets with flags and chanting- I really was just sooooo blown out of the water that they were preparing so in advance- 2 years before the Olympics were to even happen!!!! They would stare at me and wave and giggle; they had never seen a white person in their lives before!!! Some even would take pictures of me!! It really was an experience.

The fact that the Olympics were held in China this year was sooo huge for the Chinese people and I am so proud for them! In China, the population is so divided with the old and the new. I really believe that China is the future of the world and we have yet to see their impact on our society. Not only China but an handful of other cultures are now becoming financially and socially stronger, we should prepare to make room at the top for our new friends.

No comments: